OpenMoko and accessories design

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 11:06:15 CET 2008

I am happy this interest someone.

The advantages of an external mini usb camera is:

1. It does not require reproject of hardware (it is nice to have
autoalimented usb port :)
2. It can be bought only if a person want, who don't like don't buy it.
3. It can be upgrader with a better version if for example I need a 15
Mpixel webcam :) (I am joking) or if I need to replace because the cam is
not well running (image noise)

The disavantage:
1. is an external module and I think he need an clip to link well to the
openmodo

I don't think it must produced by openmoko firm, but it will be nice to be
produced by an external firm that can have a very potential market.
I want now that openmoko team will be concentrated on the develop of
Openmoko (core) so I can change my phone :)

The only thing that is needed is that:

1. Mini usb port support
2. Can clip stable to Freerunner phone (I don't think he can support only on
mini-usb port)
3. The full support by linux kernel
4. (optional but it will be nice) open hardware specification

My 2 cent