FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Sat Mar 15 11:25:47 CET 2008

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Lorn Potter wrote:

> Actually, for the 02, they are still working out the _hardware_.
> Except if you try to put your own system on there, a lot of the hardware is
> not going to work.
> That's because the tablet devices hardware are not well documented, if at
> all.

and more in the same vein.
It seems to me that essentially that is what Mark was saying, THat the
Neo in its various forms will be for developers and geeks, for a long
time.
THat if you want a phone, buy a cheap phone, if you want something else
buy a tablet.
I have done both those things and neither has the fascination of the Neo.

I believe far too much effort has gone into trying to make the Neo into a
a lookalike of a common phone; why bother -  common phones are
cheap and easily available, smaller too, and have cameras etc etc.

The real payoff with the Neo will be when the community stops following
slavishly what the FIC people are doing and does something new and exciting

(such as happened this week:
  Mar 14 Johannes Schauer      neo1973-germany starting to rumble... )

Is there anything new in Qtopia? where is the latest available please?

thank you
clare