FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

Ivo Anjo knuckles at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 16:46:48 CET 2008

I think there are people here with different objectives.

My objective is to get a cool platform where I can code and play
around, but I fully intend on using it daily as a replacement for my
current cellphone and pda, and do care about problems.

Clearly there are people out there that do not mind little hardware
bugs as they just want it for other purposes, but I'm glad FIC is
taking its time, because while I don't mind "crashes today, I'll get a
bugfix tomorrow" I sure care about the hardware working, because I'm
not planning on spending money on the freerunner to get a cool new
paperweight or device to keep at home.

Anyway, please understand that there are multiple sides to the issue,
and I don't think accusing openmoko of being worse than qtopia (I
wanna have BOTH on mine!) and putting pressure to the I'm sure already
under great pressure FIC people is going to help alot.
Didn't they get the 1973 hardware working and out to the public? Give
them a little credit, and let's keep the discussion constructive.

Ivo