FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:26:59 CET 2008

I try to explain:
OpenMoko team is try to follow a project: they are not a firm like Nokia
or Motorola.
They are a little firm, but with a very innovative ideas in the mind.

This don't mean that all the people must to support their idea. You must
analyze your needs and to decide if you need or not their product.

They don't have a budget and the experience of the big firm I told you
before, so they must to move slow. They must to make a lot of test and
to develop the application they need they must to ask help of external
person.

Everyone help how he can.

If Openmoko will be a firm like Apple, they will start the project in
secret and they will release only when it will be ready, with all the
application ready.

But openmoko need the external developer support, so for this reason,
will pass some time before it can be ready for mass production and use.
Personal I like this way of developing, but not all the people will
like. It is normal.
I know that if I will buy this phone, I will always need a normal phone
to make an emergency call :) But I like the same.

In a future, when it will be ready, there will be a consumer version,
but remember: phone from Apple, Nokia, Motorola will be nicer and will
play more formats, and cheaper, because Openmoko is Openmoko, not a
multinational.

I like this phone and I will accept this limitation. I my choise. Then
you must to make your choise: there is nothing bad if you choise another
phone that cost less and give more functionality.

So, make your choose and respect the other person choose.

Michele Renda