FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Mar 18 15:20:36 CET 2008

This isn't another negative post about the delays, I promise.

I have loosely followed this project since somewhere around the middle
of last year.  There were delays, they didn't tell/inform us.   It was
very frustrating because I was in a situation like yours...I really
needed a new phone and I wanted to wait it out.

My honest suggestion is to not wait, but go out and get a phone that
will either make you happy now or just one that can "live with."  I'm
currently *extremely* happy with my N95!

Why?  Don't know your exact situation but my guess is that even when the
FreeRunner is initially released it isn't going to be completely
polished anyway.  So rather than get all frustrated (and build some
resentment toward the project like I did) don't put an artificial
timeframe on them...they will release the hardware when it is ready, not
when you are ready for the hardware.

Besides, now that I am not in "need" of a phone I can be more supportive
and fell less compelled to complain.  Also, having a second phone is
going to be a good thing in case you manage to somehow screw up the
software.  Last thing, I don't want to hear the I can't afford two new
phones argument.  You are looking at dropping >$400 on a phone...so
another ~$25-100 is NOT that much of a difference.