Neo Freerunner manufacturing status

David "Lefty" Schlesinger lefty at access-company.com
Wed Mar 19 04:50:24 CET 2008

Matt Manjos wrote:
> I'm not too current on electronics manufacturing, but am I correct in
> assuming this PVT is more of a ramping-up, factory thing? Or is it
> more of an electronics sourcing/tooling sort of thing?
PVT is typically the final test build before actual hardware production
starts. It's done on the real factory line, and the devices produced are
(in theory) identical to the ultimate product. If they go to an A6, I'd
expect another PVT run to prove things out with that before they start
making the devices in earnest.