Additional info

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Wed Mar 19 18:33:50 CET 2008

I haven't used a Nokia N800 or Motorola A1200, so I can't really say what
their build quality is like.
But I have used many many other Nokias and some Motos, and imho the Neos
case is at least as good, if not much better.
The clearance of the case is better than any Nokia owner would dream of (in
fact it is similar to cases that cannot be opened without pure force).
The plastic is high-quality but relativeley thin (the front and back/battery
cover, easily replaceable) and has partly a soft-touch finish (the haptic is
very thinkpad-like). The plastic frame is thick and stable, so there's no
chance to break it in normal use.
The display is as breakable as any resistive touchscreen device, but at
least there is the (annoyingly high) bezel that covers it on drops.

So - what else can I say? I was really impressed by the build quality when I
got the device, I never expected it. It survived the first slight drops and
I expect it to endure much more.

But well - if a Nokia is your "reference", I don't think you'll expect much,
so you will be impressed :)