Neo Freerunner manufacturing status

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 19 19:24:30 CET 2008

Hi Ian,

Since I'm in California and the factory is in China, it's a little
difficult for me to know exactly what the plan is and where there are
concerns and weaknesses.

As far as I can tell there is some concern that the yield initially may
not be as high as we would like, and that some tweaking will be
necessary. Until we manufacture a trial run, we won't know whether
tweaking will be necessary or how extensive this tweaking needs to be.

So, sadly, I don't know how long PVT will take and have no timeline.

Perhaps those of you with more mass-production manufacturing experience
can speak from your experiences.

Michael