Price of the Freerunner published?

Carlo E. Prelz fluido at fluido.as
Wed Mar 19 22:48:10 CET 2008

	Subject: Re: Price of the Freerunner published?
	Date: Wed 19 Mar 08 07:58:50PM +0100

Quoting Peter Trapp (openmoko at genial.ms):

> Well, I've paid 300€ (=300$) for Neo1973 even without any reseller and group
> purchasing with two other guys to save shipping costs  (to Germany)!!
>
> So, where is the big problem?

You can go to www.oanda.com/convert/classic to have currency
conversions for any date.

On the date of Sean's famous "Get them while they're still hot!"
message, when ordering for Neo's was opened (9 July 07), 300$ equalled
220.216 euros. Today, the same 300$ equal 190.317 euros. This *should*
be evident from the pricing.

What we Europeans would need is a FIC subsidiary somewhere here,
importing directly from China, with (pre-tax) prices that are equal,
after currency conversion, to the prices established for the US
market. Sorry for the resellers, but... Delivery of a container full
of cellphones from China to either US or EU must cost comparably, and
both US and EU must offer some sort of warranty.

Resellers should get their profit from buying large quantities at a
discounted price, I believe.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido at fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe