Price of the Freerunner published?

ramsesoriginal ramsesoriginal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 10:17:31 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Pietro m0nt0 Montorfano
<monto84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Christian Beier ha scritto:
>
> > Am Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:48:10 +0100
>  > schrieb "Carlo E. Prelz" <fluido at fluido.as>:
>  >
>  >
>  >> What we Europeans would need is a FIC subsidiary somewhere here,
>  >>
>  > As I read FIC has some branch in Czech or Slovakia. Thing is: If you
>  > ship a container €70 is definitely not the price per device.
>  > You can help: motivate enough penguin people to buy a new phone and
>  > maybe some one will risk such order.
>  >
>  > If FIC could ship them to Czech (or Slovakia) with their in house
>  > post it might be easier to get a good price.
>  >
>  > Let's hope.
>  > Christian
>  >
>  This is what i'd like to do with my LUG and some other people near me,
>  take the name, make only one order of 10 Neos and then give the phones
>  to the people. Obviously the price will not be lowered a lot, but the
>  shipping costs are usually divided so in total it will cost less to
>  everyone. We always do the same with thinkgeek things or some CDs or DVDs.
>
>  Just my 0.2€cent :D
>
>  Pietro

The same also holds true if (and here comes the crazy part: correct me
if it's illegal) someone want's to buy a bunch of Freerunners (let's
say 10), customize them (with custom themes, programs, settings, maybe
even pre-filled data, some additional hardware, case mods, and much
more), and resell them, either to privates that want given features,
or to firms as a working phone, or for some specific application (for
example skiers, with custom software and theme).
Doing so would also allow to grow a family of hacks around the
openmoko (a version with a webcam? with build-in batteries? with r/c
sender incorporated? with wooden case?).
Just my two €-cents

--
My corner of the web: http://blog.ramsesoriginal.org