850MHz or 900MHz? AT&T or TMobile?

Lowell Higley higleylh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 08:42:56 CET 2008

I've had the exact opposite experience.  I had been a T-Mobile USA customer
for over three years..they made a mistake, even admitted to making the
mistake but wouldn't correct it (refunding money to me).  I've found that
T-Mobile's customer service is not great... each time I contact them, it
gets worse.  I switched to AT&T when I came back from Europe in January.
Once I walked into a corporate store (not a reseller) all my questions were
answered and got what I wanted.  I've contacted customer service twice and
they've been good but not great.  Two totally different opinions on the same
issue... you'll just have to make up your own mind.

As far as technology, I think AT&T has a slight edge... they are more
quickly deploying 3G from what I hear.  I travel a lot and when my phone
goes to a T-Mobile antenna I always get "Edge" and when on a Cingular/AT&T
antenna I get 3G about 50% of the time.

AT&T is definitely more expensive (like 20% more) but for the better
customer service, I think it is worth it.