850MHz or 900MHz? AT&T or TMobile?

Lowell Higley higleylh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 08:50:00 CET 2008

I bought a tri-band phone while I lived in Europe.  It is 900Mhz/1900Mhz.  I
had no problems with it on T-Mobile's USA network while I was their
customer.  I tend to buy my phones is Asia or Europe because they are
unlocked and usually not crippled.  T-Mobile in particular likes to
artificially limit their phones.  For example, they will limit SMS messages
to say 30 characters when that is not the technological limit.  My theory is
they do this to increase the number text messages sent so they can get you
to buy a more expensive SMS plan or charge you the 10 cents per message
overage charge.