TomTom on Openmoko?

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Mar 27 23:44:13 CET 2008

Alessandro Iurlano wrote:
>>  Anyway I accept the idea of using commercial apps/maps until there's
>>  nothing of usable for free and freely, since generally such tools become
>>  useful when we're traveling in unknown places, and so that we can't map
>>  on OMS without the help of others!
>>

> If everyone thinks this way, there will never be an usable OSM.

What's wrong? I've said that I will help OSM to grow doing my part in
mapping the areas I know and where I'll go, but if I'll need to travel
where I've no maps, why couldn't I use a commercial map I've bought
(running on free software)?

OSM won't grow if people will definitely use commercial maps, not if
they use them as a temporary tool!

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/