Userspace app for fast charge (was Re: Price of the Freerunner spare parts)

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 23:52:11 CET 2008

I just want to make it clear: my python userspace app
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/CheckFastCharge-script) *won't*
automatically send you into fast charge mode.  It automatically *asks*
you if you want to go into fast charge mode whenever a slow charger is
recognized.  It also goes through a (annoying, but I think necessary)
confirmation sequence before it goes into fast charge mode.

It also knows nothing about GTA02.  It just sends a fastcccv to the
charger.  I assume on the 02 that still just makes it pull 500 mA, not
1000?

(Kevin, I know that you know all this, but at one point in the thread
it looked as if someone was saying my app would automatically force
fast charge.)

Bobby