Network Manager

Alexandre Ghisoli alexandre.ghisoli at ycom.ch
Mon Mar 31 13:05:13 CEST 2008

Le lundi 31 mars 2008 à 11:30 +0800, Alex Zhang a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> As we know, there are many ways to access Internet in GTA02:
>   - wired:        usbnet
>   - wireless:    wifi, bluetooth
>   - GSM
>
> Is there any daemon or framework OM uses to manage these networks as
> NetworkManager on PC right now?
>
> We are developing a portable media device with usbnet & wifi support, I
> am planning to use NM-0.7 or to develop a daemon for managing the networks.
>
> Any idea or comments?

Sure, it's nice to ear from that kind of project.

An feature that would be nice is roaming. Imagine you are using WiFi at
home and you are leaving the WiFi range.
A warning box could tell you will loose your connection and then open a
GMS (GPRS ....) connexion to keep it connected.

And for business needs, a VPN manager would be very nice (OpenVPN or
OpenSWAN IPSEC based).

Thanks

--
        Alexandre