.Mac like service

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at wendt.se
Sat May 3 03:41:01 CEST 2008

Christoph Witzany <mail at ...> writes:
> Alexey Feldgendler schrieb:

> > * Allow backup and incremental synchronization of typical data items
> > stored on mobile devices:
> > [snip - lot's of stuff]
>
> I would very much like to participate at such a project (or even kick it
> off ftm), as my the plans for my PhD work include creating a service
> that would fulfill an important part of this: The transparent storage of
> data in the [Web|Cloud|Grid|<newest_buzzword_for_distributed_networks>].

I'd start by looking at SyncML and ScheduleWorld. I use (and have used) SyncML
for quite some time and it works fairly well (right now I can't get my temporary
phone  - a SonyEricsson T610 - to sync up the address book but the calendar is
still fine). Using SyncEvolution you get an almost perfect match.

/ Fredrik