GTA04::HW::input::joystick - MPU/MCU saves power and provides extra I/O

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Sun May 4 12:29:57 CEST 2008

On Sunday 04 May 2008 11:21:18 Flemming Richter Mikkelsen wrote:

> If it will not be added, will there be enough free and available
> GPIO pins so that we may add it our self?

I think there should be an open way to add hardware extensions anyhow. Maybe
GPIO, maybe USB,  maybe full size SD or even CF slot (one can dream :). In
any case, accessible and preferably with some way to attach "modules" to
it... Or something like the iPaq extension sleds of old. An open phone makes
a lot more sense when you can add to the hardware, as well.

In case of the joypad, maybe some sort of cover that can interact with the
phone would be useful (others would add a QWERTY cover maybe, I know I'd
think about it..?).