Multi-Level Markting - Is OpenMoko interested in?

Roland Häder roland at mxchange.org
Tue May 6 11:32:50 CEST 2008

On Tuesday, 6. May 2008, Stefan Misch wrote:
> Hello Roland,
Hi Stefan,

> while I think that the OpenMoko should get more attention in the media I
> don't think it's a good idea to use all methods you mentioned.
I have just listed possible ways. Taking all ways would be too much and maybe
wrong. I would vote here for per-sale where you get a percentage or provision
for helping a company selling their product. It must not be much, maybe 4% ?

> An affiliate program (e.g. via zanox) would be a great idea but forced
> clicks and paid mails are dubious advertising methods at best. IMHO the
> Freerunner should get a more *honest* (in lack of a better word)
> advertising than that.
>
> Also I think that as long as the software is not end-user friendly it's
> better to stick to word-of-mouth advertising plus technology geared media.
Yes, that's correct. First OpenMoko should make their software stable than
sell it to the end-user. He/she wants to have a phone and maybe some more,
not a testing suite. :-)

On Tuesday, 6. May 2008, ramsesoriginal wrote:
> I dont remembre if I already mentioned it or only planned to mention
> it, but i would recommend giving http://zooppa.com/ a look when it
> comes to advertising.
> I think the Openmoko would be a great product for this kind of
> advertisement. Basically its user generatet advertisement. In a really
> funny way.
I will have a look on it for my own purposes, thanks for the link. Can you
send me directly a referral link? Please not here in list. :)

All the best,
Roland

--
(GNU) PGP ID: 0x4D385570