Common Lisp for OM

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed May 7 19:42:34 CEST 2008

"Oliver Uvman" <oliver.uvman at gmail.com> writes:

> Jesus! I thought I was the only one wanting to program CL on the OM.
> I've had lots of interesting ideas on how to use a gesture-based
> interface for writing CL, which could work only thanks to the sparse
> syntax, and plan to make that some of the first things I program for
> my OM. Hooray!

I'm trying to get McCLIM working with a purely gadget based UI more
nicely right now; CLIM has nice support for adding your own gestures
and input methods so it may be worth checking out if you haven't
already.

See http://www.mikemac.com/mikemac/clim/extended-input.html#22.3 and
22.4 for gestures and the pointer tracking protocol (which would be
used to map between finger gestures and CLIM gestures), and
http://www.mikemac.com/mikemac/clim/silica.html#8.2 for the
documentation on events.

The nice part is that it would not be impossible to automagically make
non-touchscreen-oriented applications work better on a touchscreen
using a custom frame manager and some manipulation of their command
tables.
--
* jeffcovey becomes too groggy to read the directions and becomes
  the year's first nasal spray overdose fatality.