Questions about Freerunner: Phone Usability, Battery Life, Shipping Date

kid charlemagne kidcharlemagne87 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 19:24:18 CEST 2008

I've done some extensive digging on the community site
but it's very hard to tell what information is
outdated, what information is current, and what
information will be true in the future but not now.
Specifically, before I buy a fresh GTA02, I would like
to know:

1. Will it be usable as a simple GSM phone? Will I be
able to reliably make and receive voice calls with it?
I don't need fancy features right off the bat, but
this is a bare minimum.

2. Is the battery life (in standby) "reasonable" at
this point? I've lived for over 3 years with a phone
that is good without charging for about only 35 hours
or so, I define this as "reasonable" (not good, but
reasonable).

3. I'm heading to Europe in June and would like to
bring a GSM phone with me (the wifi capability would
be nice too). Is it absurd to think that I could have
one of these phones in my hand (in the USA) in the
first week in June or is that wishful thinking?