what process for EASILY updating non-developer Freerunners

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Thu May 15 18:22:51 CEST 2008

I am not a developer, but at some point I WILL own a Freerunner.

Is it too much to hope that we'll have access to something similar to how
Ubuntu installations are upgraded and updated with fixes?

My guess is that sort of system is not in the DNA of the core
OpenMoko team. That's not a dis, it just is what it is. And most
very early adopters will be hacking and building form source.

But what about  an OpenMoko / Freerunner USER, who just wants
to stay updated?

Will we have some package system a la  .deb or .rpm models?

For Freerunner to maximize potential say 6-12 months from now,
we need a super slick reliable and easy process for non-developers
to update and upgrade.

I have spoken, ;)
--
Ron K. Jeffries