Will GTK be used in Openmoko? (was: Re: Software Status Update)

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Thu May 15 19:53:37 CEST 2008

On 5/15/08, Geoff Ruscoe <gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com> wrote:
> I think gtk should definitely be part of the platform.  As far as I know the
> Java Swing hooks are for gtk.  Since its shipping with Java it should be
> able to use the gtk, right?
>
> Plus as far as I can tell the ruby and python hooks for gtk are slightly
> cleaner and easier than working with qt.  So from a developer standpoint I
> think we're better off with gtk.
>
> Thoughts?

Qt and GTK is the only options. GTK has the best license _and_ is very
easy. GTK has a lot of bindings and is very crossplatform.

People that want to use Qt prob. prefer Qtopia over OM, so I think GTK is
the only correct thing.

Anyway, I will write my code with GTK+2.0 and ANSI C and maybe I also
write something in Vala (very high level GTK programming and very easy).

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone