Software Status Update

steve steve at openmoko.com
Thu May 15 19:58:30 CEST 2008

HA, you found it.

We will start to make it more public shortly. One issue is the specs we
wrote a while back have been overtaken by design improvisation. For example,
with diversity I wrote the spec back on October and I'll bet that the final
design is a VAST improvement on the spec. In a closed system the spec limits
creativity. In our environment the spec sparks innovation. So once we get
the paperwork in order we will post more stuff.

THAT SAID, everybody needs to realize that engineering is working on getting
the hardware out the door. The initial software load will be a bare bones
subset. That was my call. So I own that decision if you want to complain.
But by the time you get the phones the team should have an update that will
show you a unique set of software.