IAX2/Asterisk + Openmoko FreeRunner

Brandon Kruse admteamkruz at gmail.com
Fri May 16 02:39:09 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Vinc Duran <uberpfloyd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brandon,
> I'm an end-user for the most part.
> Do you think you can get the freerunner to emulate a common ip phone?
> I'm imagining using it with TalkSwitch or any general ip based system.
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Brandon Kruse <admteamkruz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > Just want to keep the community updated.
> >
> > I was one of the few developers who have received a freerunner (gta02) in
> > the mail a couple days back.
> >
> > Since then I have been updating all my latest packages (
> http://bkruse.com,
> > and the mokoiax project page), will check in my code tonight.
> >
> > The goal of this project is to seamlessly tie into the openmoko dialer
> > application as a 'gateway', so that you could chose to dial out over GSM
> or
> > dial out over IAX2 (wifi, possibly GPRS).
> >
> > I currently just passed a test call, and I am having some issues getting
> the
> > mic to work properly, but that should not keep me held back for long.
> >
> > If you would like to help in the project, just send me an email. I would
> > love some feedback/suggestions on the project.
> >
> > You are the end user / community / developers, let me know what YOU would
> > like to see!
> >
> > -Brandon Kruse

Well,

I started to write a softphone with GTK+ and iaxclient, but then decided to
integrate directly into the phone.

That way, you do not have two different applications that do the same thing
over the same means. In this method, you would open the dialer as normal,
dial your number, and then chose your gateway.

-bk