Dash GPS personal nav device (uses OpenMoko) opens API

Thomas Szukala thsz at web.de
Fri May 16 15:49:20 CEST 2008

Bastian Muck schrieb:

> That's very interresting. The site sais:
> "Dash includes maps for the United States (Continental US, Hawaii and
> Alaska) only. It will not work in Canada, Mexico, Europe or any
> location outside the United States."
> Since when are Canada, Mexico and Europe in the United States? I
> thought I would live far away from the USA (Germany). ;-)

equaly weird when you have a flight from Europe (Germany) to Canada
(Vancouver) and you have to change planes in Chicago. Canada is listed
as a national departure not international... So I have get off the
international arrivals and get through the customs to check in to US???
my globe recently said Canada and US were two different nations ;-)

anyway back to Topic.

the Dash is really an impressive gadget. Id like to have one or at least
see some process in implementing routing with openstreetmap vector data.