Will GTK be used in Openmoko?

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Fri May 16 18:42:19 CEST 2008

Stroller wrote:
> Operating-system language support is obviously something that's
> important to you, but if you take a look at the economic realities, I
> think you'll agree that there's no reason for it to be a priority
> right now (sorry).

According me this sentence explains a lot :).
It is very easy to speak, but nothing is so easy when it must be putted
in pratice. We all would like to have a phone that support all the
characters set and all the language and writing directions. But we must
to don't lose contact with reality.
Which instrument to use is their choose. I think they are not so stupid
so if they decided to don't ship any program in gtk and to prefer efl,
qt, or whatrever, I think they have their reasons.
Fic is doing a great job. They show us the progress they do step by
step, they share with us some decision, but remember (it is refered to
all that make no costructive critics) the decision about which
instrument to use is them.
We are all free to build our alternative instrument if we want it.

I think we (as comunity) we must try to have a more constructive
approach, as many person already had. Most of us are developer, we can
develop what we miss. Other are power user, these persons can give
constructive ideas, suggestion, help with documentation, bug reporting.
But I think that to arrive in ML and to start to complain with Openmoko
about the reason why they use a toolkit in place of another, or why a
person use an automatic message, I think is not too much constructive.

So, stop with flame! :) and enjoy with Openmoko