IAX2/Asterisk + Openmoko FreeRunner

Brandon Kruse admteamkruz at gmail.com
Sun May 18 00:42:08 CEST 2008

On May 17, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Andy Powell <openmoko at automated.it> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> I am a little confused about where we would want the options (eg
>> Preferred
>> voip, preferred GSM, etc)
>
> Actually, just thinking about it the dialer could just read the
> settings using
> gconf then in the 'system preferences application' you could set
> which you
> wanted.
>
>> I remember mickey discussing the strong API for using dbus. I am
>> loving
>> this, as I use
>> dbus in a lot of other applications, specifically with glib. It's
>> as simple
>> as signal_connect('sig-name, aka new-phone-call', callback_func);
>
> it was a knee jerk  reaction from me ... I'd like to see dbus
> support in the
> dialer. The settings stored in the gconf db could be temporarily
> overridden
> by a dbus call when dialing a number
>
>> I will look into the Dialer for this. Obviously this is going to
>> take a lot
>> more work that just getting the underlying iax2 working, it
>> will almost be enough for 2 separate projects. (Exposing events of
>> the
>> dialer over dbus, if it is not already, etc).
>>
>> Um, you can use the ipkg for installation, instructions on
>> http://bkruse.com
>>
>> I had a pretty crazy build environment for iaxclient, as it was not
>> supposed to natively compile for ARM (That was a crazy night.)
>>
>> Ok, just checked out the source again. iaxclient_moko (in trunk) is
>> the one
>> you want. I am not sure if you can
>> get it to build, I need to add those kinds of things to the
>> configuration
>> script, hence the reason I released the ipkg
>> so soon :P
>>
>> The other directories are third party libs that iaxclient depends
>> on, that
>> are also setup to cross-compile.
>
> libogg, portaudio and libspeex compiled ok, although I have to
> change libtool
> to say where arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ranlib was located.
>
> iaxclient_moko however refuses to find the installed portaudio
>
> :(
>
>> You should be able to make an iax call with the test client.
>>
>> After that works great, and the source works/builds ok, then I will
>> start
>> implementing into the dialer.
>>
>> Once I can make a call through iax, using the dialer, I will work on
>> another program (using dbus) for auto-detecting
>> AP's. (Eg keep scanning, there is probably already a mechanism to
>> do this.)
>

>>> Install the ipkg, and do a testcall --help (it's in /usr/bin or /
>>> bin,
>
> I'll give it a go, I would prefer to build from source if I can fix
> my issue.
>

>> Btw, are you currently building freerunner images?
>>

> Not that regularly, but it's a trivial thing to switch.

The freerunner images would be great, and its great that you can get
it to build with the latest toolchain stuff, etc. I might build a
quick script tonight to go from checkout to ipkg. Anything you can do
to make it more system universal would rock! (I think I have hardcoded
paths in a lot of places).

I would love to update the ipkg on the site also.

Thanks for everything scaredy :)