picking up voicemail

Lasse Poulsen admin at silenzio.dk
Mon May 19 22:26:09 CEST 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008 11:49:20 -0700
"Steven Kurylo" <sk at infinitepigeons.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Steven Milburn
> <steven.milburn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmmm, the two would seem to counteract each other. (not displaying,
> > but remembering it for you)
> >

> Not at all.  When I enter a password in my blackberry, it shows the
> character for a second, then puts in a *.  This stops me from
> mistyping it and stops shoulder surfing.  For the voicemail, there is
> an option where I give it my pin to remember.  Then when I dial
> voicemail, it calls, pauses for a few seconds, then does the password.
>
> If you normally dial digits after the phone number, I wouldn't expect
> it to remember.  That would be silly, it wouldn't know what it was
> saving.

On my old old old Nokia 1610 i remember it was posible to save numbers
with PAUSE and WAIT in them... pause ment to pause sending digit codes
for ~5 sec - and wait would stop sending until send were pressed.

It would be nice fx. if you are calling something like the local bus or
rail service that often have a long "press 1 to contintue...." sequence.

- Lasse Poulsen