GPRS IP Networking

Samuel Melrose sam at feel-the-darkness.co.uk
Tue May 20 00:45:13 CEST 2008

Hey,
Erm, you say that SMS is free, or at-least receiving them is. Maybe if
you could implement such an application, you could get your server to
SMS your phone when you have important messages with a special trigger
code, and then you're phone would connect and download the messages?
Not sure if this is possible, or if it would be cheaper / waste of
time... But if you were going with text messages, it'd be expensive to
fit anything more than a small message on?
Or just the old fashioned way of the server sending you a text alert
for you to read, to say that you need to go download then, because
there is (x) new messages.

Thanks,
Samuel Melrose
sam at feel-the-darkness.co.uk