Will GTK be used in Openmoko?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Tue May 20 03:03:09 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Well, I much appreciate your work and your openness with community,
> unfortunately I can't say the same about Openmoko in this occasion since
> this should be an Open company and so I'd have appreciated it more if
> the decision would have been debated before with developers and active
> part of community (= people writing code) in public lists.

I guess the question is whether Openmoko Inc. ever promised that the
contents of the rootfs for the phone that they sell will be determined
by some sort of community consensus.

If I remember correctly, they only promised to provide an open software
platform upon which *you* can create your own personalised rootfs.  By
including both toolkits, they have not changed anything you experience
with respect to this promise.

-- Rod