ASU software - pre-pre-release impressions

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue May 20 16:21:06 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Carlo E. Prelz <fluido at fluido.as> wrote:

> The switch to QT
> *requires* the abandoning of C in favour of C++, a language that I
> personally find unsuitable for use.

QT is C++, but you can write your code in C and just use the various classes
to get GUI widgets. I really don't see why someone that knows C would have a
problem with C++. I find some aspects of C++ irritating compared to Java,
C#, Python, etc.. But it's far from "unsuitable for use". I can write both
good and bad code in most any language. And there is nothing saying you have
to write your apps in C++. Whatever, it's your money and your time, do what
you want with it. I just find it an odd thing to be so irritated about.