clarification of Qtopia Vs. GTK

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed May 21 21:45:37 CEST 2008

I have had some further discussions with headquarters, and have edited
my blog to try to explain the new software a little better. The
important facts are that the new software:

	* Switches the Window Manager from Matchbox to Enlightenment (E17)
	* Ported Qtopia to Xorg, so it is possible to run Qtopia, GTK, ELF, and
Python applications all at the same time
	* Replaced the GTK-based basic phone suite (dialer, contacts, SMS) with
ones based on Qtopia

I hope this better explains the situation.

Regards,
Michael

(Full posting at
http://gettingstartedopenmoko.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/openmoko-software-update/)