IGES & STEP CAD file issues

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Thu May 22 21:01:16 CEST 2008

I was curious how many people have been playing with the Neo CAD files?
After I found the FreeRunner would be different in case design from the
1973, I held off on using the files.  Since no-one has posted
conversions of the new Pro/E files I decided to go back & look at the
old IGES & STEP files and plan modifications I'd like to make.

Do the 1973 IGES and/or STEP files work well for anyone?  VariCAD either
crashes (STEP) or returns a failure to convert dialog (IGES).  Salome
loads the STEP model but has all kind of geometries that go in the wrong
directions (inverted buttons going out of case instead of in, etc). gCAD
does about the same as Salome.

I'm trying to install a 30 day trial version of Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 right
now.  If I'm lucky I can run it in Wine and I can see if it can export
models that work any better for me.