Mapless GPS

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri May 23 03:53:13 CEST 2008

Cetus GPS (http://www.cetusgps.dk/ - for Palm) is a good implementation
of this (see web page above for screenshots).  Also keeps a track
history every few seconds and has some other options like averaging to
get a reasonably accurate reading vs a rough and ready.  Speed is dead
accurate (or my car speedo is!), but altitude is a bit sus (reasons
given in other, unrelated posts - one our main sporting grounds, ~25mkm
from the coast is 8M underwater ... :)  Would love to have the ability
to use a local offset to the curve to counteract this.

Use it on my treo650 with an external bluetooth gps for backup while
bushwalking.

Billk