My blog, Freerunner FIrst Impressions and some pics

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Fri May 23 09:09:53 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Kosa <kosa at piradio.org> wrote:
> Awesome! Thank you very much.

No problem. :)

> What about the software? Did it came with QTopia?

It actually came installed with an older version of the Openmoko
Stack, with the familiar GTK applications. It didn't work very well
and it's since been erased. :) I am under the impression that the
version shipped once it's on sale will have a small set of Qtopia
based applications working and that updates will be released shortly
after that to add functionality.

So, what came installed on the one I have probably won't be installed
on the ones purchased from Openmoko.com or from a reseller.

> And sorry if I'me getting it wrong (my english is
> not very good) but first you wrote no accesories
> and next you wrote it came with a headset and the
> laser/led/pens stylus. Ain't those accesories?

I wrote "The Freerunner doesn't come without accessories, however."
which is probably a bit confusing. :) My apologies. This means it DID
come with some. "It is not lacking accessories" is probably a more
clear way to phrase that.

> Well, I have a lot of questions, but I think I'll
> better let those who know how to ask make them.

You're doing well enough. :) Any questions you have might help me
decide what ends up in the reviews I write, so I'd appreciate the
input. :)