Freerunner v. HTC v. ....

Mark wolfmane at gmail.com
Sun May 25 18:21:36 CEST 2008

Ajit Natarajan ajitk at email.com wrote on Sat May 24 10:09:33 CEST 2008:
>It would be great if someone who has used or is otherwise aware of the
>feature sets of the Freerunner, HTC, and other smart phones to compare
>and contrast these.
>
>I was especially worried about a posting a day or two ago saying that
>the Freerunner is 1990s era hardware.  I would like to know what makes
>the hardware 1990s era.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Ajit

Maybe someone was referring to how the Freerunner is *more* powerful than the
average *desktop* computer of the 1990s?

The average laptop of the 1990s wasn't even close to as powerful as
the Freerunner.

That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement (USB 2.0 would be a
good start), but if you compare the Freerunner to *anything* handheld
in the 1990s, it would be like comparing a mainframe of the 1990s to a
laptop of the 1990s.

Mark