Any Stats on Battery life....

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Sun May 25 19:55:05 CEST 2008

McCreery, Lee CTR DISA wrote:
> I know everyone at OM has been busting their butts to get things pushed
> out, but the proto has been in the hands of many people for ~1 month and
> a half+.  Is there any more info on how long the battery lasts?
>
> I know this will get kicked back to “it depends what options you have
> turned on(i.e. WiFi, GPS, etc.), but with everything powered, sitting on
> my hip in stand-by, making 30 minutes of calls a day(nobody ever calls
> me that long, but the wife) what can we expect(1 day, ½ day?)

Finally I've found something!

Einstein from freeyourphone.de got a Freerunner and started a very good
report [1], also if it's only in German (Google Language tools could
help you, but I hope that the review author will post some informations
written in English here too), it states that actually the battery lasts
about 8-8.5 hours in standby (!= suspend mode, so with running CPU).

He doesn't exactly say what he's running, but at least GSM is going.
I agree in saying that this is a good starting point, since the
suspend-mode (so with most devices off) isn't yet available in
Freerunner (due to kernel bugs, I guess) and that should increase (a
lot) the battery life.

I hope that both Einstein and Kevin Dean would post other informations
about this important topic.

Bye

[1] http://tinyurl.com/55tt3h

--