software load for first mfg run of Freerunner? Is ASU whatships?

steve steve at openmoko.com
Mon May 26 20:21:52 CEST 2008

Exactly so.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at lists.openmoko.org
[mailto:community-bounces at lists.openmoko.org] On Behalf Of Sebastian Reichel
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 6:01 PM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: software load for first mfg run of Freerunner? Is ASU
whatships?

?
> Am Montag, den 26.05.2008, 00:26 +0200 schrieb Detructor:
> You don't have to be a developer to update a Freerunner...the phone is
> for advanced end users (advanced -> advanced knowledge of IT)

I did not say (or at least I did'nt want to) that developers are the
only ones who are able to update a Freerunner, but that the first
persons who buy the phone are developers and that these are 100% able to
do so :)

So I guess the Software which is shipped with the Freerunner will change
when the ASU becomes stable. In short: Early Freerunners are for more
experienced users (for example developers :)) and later ones are for the
ones with less less knowledge of IT.