Available Encryption algorithms

Onno van Eijk onno at holmes.nl
Tue May 27 11:04:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

(I already posted this question on the device-owners maillist but I got
no response. For those who already read my question, sorry for cross
posting. I hope a reader from this higher volume list is able to help
me.)

I am a little confused about the available Encryption algorithms for the
Neo1973. When I enter the ATcommand "AT%EM=2,7" in libgsmd-tool (in
atcmd mode) it get the response:

STR=`AT%EM=2,7'
RSTR=`%EM: 1,1,0,3,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0
6,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,4,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0'

According
to http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA01_gsm_modem#Power_Parameters_.282.2C7.29 this should mean that A5/1 and A5/3 Encryption algorithms should be available. But all the information I found on the TI Calypso chipset state the ciphering processor implements both A5/1 and A5/2 algorithms.

Can somebody confirm whether A5/2 of A5/3 is supported by the neo1973?

On a side-note; which encryption algorithms will be supported by the
freerunner?

Thanks in advance,
Onno