3G USB Dongle (was Re: Neo as cellular modem?)

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:44:53 CEST 2008

Andy

> ~ It certainly works out OK for USB memory sticks anyway.  "Battery life
> will be impacted" it is fair to say though.

not to sound like too much of a nut... I love my portable tech gear...
but there is a battery-operated hub that might be interesting to toss
in the mix ("CP-H420MP"). I'm ordering one now to try it together with
everything.

> If we have pppd in the rootfs I will give it a spin later, since I got
> it working on my laptop using pppd and magic dialler / expect type scripts.

ppp stuff is either in the rootfs or it is just an opkg install away.
I had to add option and usbserial from the modules tarball.

--
Brad