Car Mode Application...

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed May 28 18:53:38 CEST 2008

Am Mi  28. Mai 2008 schrieb Staley, Daniel L:
> One question I still have though: Is it possible to catch the incoming call
> signal from the GSM modem before the dialer app gets it, and handle all the
> call stuff in my app?  Will I need to rework all of the call taking code?
> Or is there an interface into the current call taking code that I can talk
> to, possibly over dbus?

The way I understand it (I'm *NO* OM-sw-guy!) the gsmd will start the dialer
app on inbound call, then communicate with it over dbus. probably you
can "kick out" the original dialer and have gsmd start your app instead. I
think it shouldn't be rocket science to have this even configurable to switch
profiles on the fly. Not sure anyway if the original dialer has some methods
to talk to via dbus, but in the end it's called "bus", so probably you even
can register for the same events like dialer and talk to gsmd concurrently to
dialer, which shouldn't have to say much as long as it's not triggered by
user-interaction.
Again, please note: I have not the slightest idea yet of all this, just doing
hw for gta03+, no time for recent sw ;-)

cheers
jOERG