2.5mm or 3.5mm

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri May 30 15:36:40 CEST 2008

Am Fr  30. Mai 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
> |> I still think that wired headsets are not used by anyone out there.
> Even if
> |> every vendor adds a cheap wired headset to it's device I barely see
> anyone
> |> using it.
> |> Today bluetooth headsets are cheap and they are way more practical
> (and even
> |> have the better microphone placing, compared to the wired clip-micros.
> |>
> |> So I think there should be an 3.5mm to listen to music and use
> bluetooth for
> |> headsets.
> |
> | I'd rather not be forced to use bluetooth with a headset. My
> experience is that
> | bluetooth interferes with wifi (same freq. band) and you'll have
> another battery to
> | worry about.
>
> There is some "co-existence" stuff in GTA02 and future products that
> reduces this effect... the two devices warn each other to defer what
> they had planned because the other device is using the air.
Yoyoyo, the 2-wire-coexistence stuff. Sure this will work with high bandwidth
stereo BT?

> Agree about the extra battery issue, but I have to agree with Thomas
> wired headsets no longer seem to be a fashion accessory in wide use,
> whereas BT cyborgs are all over the shop like a bad episode of Dr Who.

Just a big bunch of nerds trying to look important. None of them is listening
to music, while still able to take a call without panically removing the
earpieces to listen to the phone-earspeaker ;-)
The *real* geeks are wearing huge closed-type stereo headsets, which you can
find rarely in decent quality with BT. If you find you pay a fortune. Decent
quality wired stereo headsets are much more easy to find.

/j