screen protector

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Fri May 30 16:26:10 CEST 2008

On 5/29/08, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net> wrote:
> Ian Darwin wrote:
> > If anybody feels the need to use a screen protector, I just tried one
> called NavProtector that I got for a few bucks on eBay, and it fits nicely
> (cut about 1mm shorter than the screen, so check before you stick! and maybe
> center it).
> >

> Good. I've already asked on this list [1] about the real screen size of the
> Freerunner (better if in mm) to get a Brando one (I've heard they're the
> best ones), but I got no answer. :(

I want a film with life time warranty, which I can take off and clean.
A simple googling for "screen protector" gave me a lot of options. I
know that a long lasting, high quality protective film is thicker than
the cheaper ones. This make me worry that they might not have a
good conductivity, which is nessecary since the Freerunner has a
resistive touch screen.

For this reason, I think it would be useful to ask people that have
tested such films, how they actually work. Assuming that GTA02
uses the same touch screen as GTA01, I think there must be
someone that has tried this.