on screen keyboard enhaced

christooss christooss at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:30:22 CEST 2008

Ortwin Regel wrote:
> Yeah, somewhat, but I think our screen might be a little small for it.
> I guess it needs to be prototyped.
>
> Ortwin

http://sudharsh.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/screenshot-1.png

Here is a screenshot of one of onscreen keyboard. And I don't think its
so small.

And it could be bigger if special characters (&,$,€, {,} etc.) were
hiden. Maybe a gesture that startes at part of the screen gets you to
special characters.

I will try this in this weekend. Just mockup app. And than actual porting.

> On 5/29/08, George Brooke <solar.george at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 29 May 2008 22:42:41 +0200
>> christooss <christooss at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> One of selected projects in google android is Writing pad which
>>> enables writing one word per stroke with on screen keyboard
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBOyGp25sSg
>>>
>>> What do you think. Could this be useful on OpenMoko?
>>>
>>> I think its really inovative usage of on screen keyboard. I could try
>>> to implement it on desktop machine and than when I get Freerunner
>>> port it to OpenMoko.
>>>

>> How about this (http://www.strout.net/info/ideas/hexinput.html) looks
>> like a good idea.
>>
>> solar.george

Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.