gsmd question

Tick tick at openmoko.com
Sat May 31 04:49:04 CEST 2008

Hi Mickey,
    Though I was assigned to do other stuff for months, I think gsmd
will wait for responses.
    Actually gsmd will queue the AT commands (in pending_atcmds) until
the last command get the response (in busy_atcmds) or timeout happened.
Gsmd does not has the issue Bin mentioned.
The original design of gsmd is assume that every AT command will have a
response, and gsmd will send them in one after another gets the response.
On the contrary, a main problem of gsmd before was if there has
something wrong with modem or Uart and gsmd does not get response at
all, the whole gsmd will hang.  But this issue had been solved  by
adding timeout scheme and retry scheme. ;)
    It is always great to have better design. And it is also good to
promote that, but not base on inexistent issues of other projects.

Hi Bin,
    You may take a look at atcmd.c line 246 after svn 4245. And you will
see. :)
Also http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=gsmd2.git;a=summary is very cool