Freerunner test

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Sat May 31 16:06:55 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Mike Montour <mail at mmontour.net> wrote:
> Kevin Dean wrote:
>
>> Unscientific testing, yes. The echo is still there. :)
>
> s/)/(/
>
> Can you please add a note about this to bug #1267? How bad was the echo -
> enough that a normal person would complain about it, or something that would
> only be noticed if they listened carefully?

I've updated that bug. :)

>> I'm getting
>> annoying GSM buzz on the Freerunner when using certain SIM cards (I
>> need to confirm this with more SIM cards).
>
> A note about this on bug #883 would also be good.

I'd like to reconfirm this before reporting, or at least kill my
theory before reporting on it and creating a false lead. It seems that
the SIM itself is important. Sitting at my computer desk and switching
the card in my 1973 for the one in my Freerunner causes the Freerunner
to buzz but doesn't affect the 1973. Now, it's possible there's
something else (perhaps my wireless mouse, my speaker system, my
monitor) actually causing this, so I'd like to test the same in
different environments and buy a 4th SIM card to another control.