Private data protection.

Ilja O. vrghost at gmail.com
Sat May 31 16:10:35 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Rahul Joshi <rjoshi31 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The "very" first thing a phone thief does is throw away the SIM. No SIM, No
> SMS, No protection.. erm.. destruction :)

When my friends phone got stolen it happened the other way - some
people. whose numbers were in his phone book, started to receive calls
and messages with abuse. That's not nice thing to experience.

And this daemon will perform just nice even if SIM card was changed.
All you need to know is phone's current number. And some carriers (as
I have heard, haven't checked myself) can provide you with such
information it if you have registered your phone IMEI (aka written
paper to carrier that "Phone with such IMEI belongs to me").