Receiving empty sms after registration

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Sat Nov 1 11:26:54 CET 2008

On Friday 31 October 2008 12:03:33 Alexandre Girard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I receive an empty sms each time I register with my phone provider
> (Bouygues in France, Simio in Spain), with an origin address like "_@".
>
> Has anybody got the same behavior?
> Is it coming from the phone or from the provider?

I think that is a message from your operator to say that you have a new
voicemail message.

When the phone gets that message it should give you a "new voicemail" popup or
other indicator instead of putting the message in your SMS inbox.

Could you phone your voicemail mailbox to see if this is the case?