[debian][neo1973] Forwarding GSM port to PC

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sat Nov 1 13:21:56 CET 2008

"Bartlomiej Zdanowski [Zdanek]" <b.zdanowski at autoguard.pl> writes:
> I want to write small app on my PC using neo1973's GSM modem. I'd like
> to somehow forward /dev/ttySAC0 and have serial device in my Linux'
> /dev and connect to it as to ordinary serial port.
> I have debian installed so I have an access to plenty of packages.

1) sudo apt-get install ser2net
2) edit /etc/ser2net.conf to include

2000:raw:600:/dev/ttySAC0:38400 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT

3) socat TCP4:192.168.0.202:2000 PIPE:gsm.pipe

would at least give you "gsm.pipe" that allows you to read and write
to GSM. If you really need a tty with all the odd ioctls then it's bit
more challenging and you probably want to use

"fusd-kor-source - Source for the fusd kernel module"

to build a serial port redirector.