[debian] state of enlightment and illume packaging

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sun Nov 2 10:16:26 CET 2008

"Davide Scaini" <dscaini at gmail.com> writes:
> can you post your key-layout? or it's just the standard one without the
> keypad?

Sure. I have

http://lindi.iki.fi/lindi/openmoko/XVkbd-lindi

in my home directory and

xvkbd.compact: true
xvkbd.customization: -lindi
xvkbd.modalKeytop: true
xvkbd.dictFile: /home/lindi/etc/lindi.dict
xvkbd.quickModifiers: false

in ~/.Xdefaults. Then I also have

xvkbd.XVkbd.dBorder: 0
xvkbd.XVkbd.dTitleBar: 0
xvkbd.XVkbd.layer: Dock
xvkbd.XVkbd.doNotCover: 1
xvkbd.XVkbd.ignoreTaskBar: 1
xvkbd.XVkbd.ignoreQuickSwitch: 1
xvkbd.XVkbd.geometry: 480x260+0+350
xvkbd.XVkbd.noFocusOnMap: 1
xvkbd.XVkbd.allWorkspaces: 1

in ~/.icewm/winoptions so that the window is always opened to the same
location.

http://lindi.iki.fi/lindi/openmoko/xvkbd1.png

is a screenshot. It's not pretty but I value functionality here :)
It's better than matchbox-keyboard since

1) it respects -geometry, I can have it not cover whole screen under
   icewm
2) it does not have extra space above qwerty
3) it has more features (menu, focus button, word lists, quick
   modifiers(gesture?))

On the other hand you can read about its weak points at

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=xvkbd;dist=unstable